Monday, March 10, 2008

Colorful Teflon Pans


Ace is now has colorful Teflon pans, and I am asking myself how safe it is to eat something cooked on a colorful Teflon pan.

I know that if the Teflon coating starts pealing off the pan, you should throw the pan away so pieces of Teflon don't get in your food. What about painted Teflon?

Looking at the picture I am thinking, though, that that these pans could be a nice and colorful decorative element in a kitchen. So maybe they are not supposed to be used for cooking, and rather are like the copper pots you hang up to decorate the kitchen.

4 comments:

chasr said...

Intersting idea of hanging them up for decoration. I suppost that would work best in a modern style kitchen.

nikki said...

the paint is on the outside of the pans, plain 'ole normal teflon on the frying side.

J.P. said...

Teflon is out, a week ago there was an article in a newspaper about a new coating, thermlon.
To get some more information you could have a look on www.greenpan.com
a yuppie- styled site.
From what I remember from the newspaper the ceramic coating is related to the tiles on the Challenger and her sister-ships.

Mia said...

Spaceship pans!
Now that's exciting.
I wonder how long it will take for them to get to Home Center in Kiryat Ata.