Wednesday, April 2, 2008

House Searching Update

I'm so tired of this house searching.

It seems like people just put their house up for sale with no real intent on leaving it.

 

This is the third time this has happened to us. We make a offer on an acceptable offer on a house, and the people get cold feet and say they can't find another house they like, or the can't make the handover date we need…

 

I am tired of this whole process and I am also emotionally drained since I get attached to the houses we like.

And we are running out of time.

 

 

  

4 comments:

J.P. said...

Why are you running out of time and are thes houses you like sold by the owner or by a brokerage?

Mia said...

My time is running out because I have to leave my house in the summer and I need to find a house which I will be able to move into then.
Two of these houses were shown to us by brokers. The first one was by owner.

J.P. said...

There must be a plausible reason for the owner or broker to refuse to sell.
Most times these brokers are part of an organisation with rules of engagment, allthough you as a potential buyer do not benefit from these.
When the owner pulls out he has to (in our part of the world, NL) pay a fine to the broker, so why risk to have to pay and get nothing in return.
Might be a reaction in combination with a sunstroke.

Mia said...

I don't think there is anything like that here. As I remember from selling my apartment, the only agreement, if they were not the exclusive broker, was that if they sell the house they get the agreed percentage of the sale.