Monday, June 16, 2008

The friends I left behind and my Facebook fadicha

A few days ago I was looking at the profile of a new friend on Facebook when I noticed he has some friends that were with me in elementary school in the US.

Well, when I opened the friends friends info I accidentally clicked on Add to friends (or whatever that option is called, that's way to close to the x for closing the window).

So… I sent these people I haven't seen for more than 20 years, and probably don't have a clue who I am, a friend request.

Oy! What a Fadicha!

And I was thinking of one day sending them a message saying Hi, we were friends in 5th grade, remember me?
No chance of that ever happening now.

5 comments:

Nira said...

That's so funny.
How many people did you friend?

melmel said...

Oh gosh!
How did they respond?

Mia said...

I looks like it happend with two people. They wrote me back asking who I was and I wrote back saying I recognised thier name from way back and sorry.

Oh! the embarrassment I cause myself sometime. "1000 ways to Embarrass Yourself Publicly" I could write the book.

kleine Maus said...

Lost.

About a hundred years ago I met a few people in a kibbutz, some of them became friends and one my best.
You go visit each other and write occasional letters and at a time the gap between letter widens and the width becomes an ocean.
Through internet there is a way to search, took a lot of time to locate and lost them within a few lines.
Like the ones you wrote about, allthough we ourselves think to be the same, have moved to other levels, like the continents there will be no connection any more.

Forever young!

Mia said...

This is so true kleine Maus. So many friends I have loved and lost. Some because of physical distance and some we just outgrew each other.
But with a few the bond persists between continents and years of not meeting.