Wednesday, January 14, 2009

my Planting Marathon

I have been spending the last few days planting, planting and more planting flower bulbs. My hands are all blistered but I had a great time in the garden.

I have been hearing and meaning to go to Yodfat, which is a Kibbutz way up North that specializes in bulb flowering. Well, November passed by and them December, which are the months you are supposed to plant the bulbs in the ground, but I didn't get there. Finally right before the New Year I found their web site and they had a very end of season sale. I got around 140 bulbs for 140 NIS including delivery by mail.

I got anemones, buttercups, Irises, daffodils, tulips, some sweet peas (not bulbs) and many others I don't know the name for. I like that many of these plants are indigenous to where I live and grow around here naturally.

It took me almost a week to get all those flower bulbs in the ground and I did give some to neighbors, and family because there were just so much.

Yesterday evening I planted the last of them.

So now all I need to do is wait for the flowers to bloom in my garden, and my hands to heal.

Some are already spouting! I am so excited!

This is the link for the bulb nursery:

http://www.yod-nur.co.il/products.asp?action=home

No comments: