Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Carrot Cake


Yesterday, just before dinner, my son read the Ugat Gzer (Carrot Cake) book by Mirik Snir, to my daughter.
He is second grade now and reads whatever he can get his hands on.
At the end of the book there is a simple recipe for carrot cake, and they wanted to make it.
So before sitting down to dinner we quickly grated the carrots put every thing is a bow and into the oven before we sat down for dinner.
Ok, so the recipe calls for whipping the eggs and adding the ingredients slowly and in a certain order. But, I could not be bothered, I was in a rush to get them to dinner.
Anyway, the wonderful smell of carrot cake filled the house and I offered them to come down after their bath and have some of the cake and tea.
But, they didn't want any. "It's carrots, Ima." They told me. "We don't eat carrots".

No comments: